Monday, April 14, 2014

Expressionism


Ever since I visited AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) with Na, I have been fascinated by Kandinsky and his style. Especially since Na pointed out that my paintings look like they are influenced by his philosophy of abstract art, use of bold colours and expressionism. And what a coincidence that the weekly email from my palette knife painting subscription had an interesting lesson on "Expressionist Landscape" painting. I just had to try it out and was really delighted with the outcome! I can't say there is a hidden interpretation or a personal expression hidden in this painting, since I was mostly following an online lesson; but the idea of intentionally losing the definitiveness of existing things and at the same time maintaining their non-abstract nature, with an imbibed expression is just so cool! I definitely want to try one again soon and this time with a meaning to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment